Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Going Blue...


and keeping my oak...

Hi everyone!  We recently started making over our home, in do-able and affordable portions and taking it in a new direction as far as our style, needs and budget.

----------------

Today I wanted to share my 


photo frame makeover! 


I've had this frame stored inside a box full of old frames, upstairs, in the attic, under a bunch of other boxes, buried behind the Easter decorations. 




It was a dark brown so I cleaned it good, painted it with a mixture of two colors of craft paint ($0.50 each). 


Then I took some scrapbook paper scraps(?) ($.25) Cut one to fit the oval shape on the inside of the frame. 

Then I went through my jewelry box and found some costume jewelry pieces that I was tired of, then stuck one to the outside of the frame with rubber cement.

I can change the paper background anytime, as well as just pull off the jewelry piece. 

I think this is a keeper just because it is so versatile.

--------------------


We built our home in 2002 after downsizing from 3600 sq ft to 1890 sq ft. And we brought most of the furniture from the bigger house with us. I had furniture up against every wall. All my favorite pieces that I dearly loved were right where I could enjoy them. I loved them, until it came time to clean them. I just don't bend as easy as I use to.

This year we have chosen to finally 

"live in our home" 

and to let the old home go. We are changing every room on a budget, hoping to re-use most all of my own items, and be a bit crafty along the way.
I am going to keep the treasures that I love, 
whether they be in style or not, 
and am going to blend them into a more modern and up to date style of my own. I plan to re-purpose most evey thing and stay on a minimal budget.


In 2008, I fell in love with every color. So I chose a grayish purple and sunny yellow to go on my dining room/kitchen walls. I smiled each time I walked into that sunny and happy room.  Others laughed. But I loved it. 


It stayed that color for four years, 
until thehubs came to me and said 
he just couldn't take it anymore. 

The purple had to go.


So, keeping our decorating goal in mind,
here is our newer
2014 kitchen and dining room!












The seafoam green, and robin egg blue, were a big change for me. I purchased new valances but stuck with the same kind of mini blinds.  We rarely lower our blinds. We live in the country, so privacy is not an issue. So I will be changing the window dressings, actually I am hoping to make them.

Glad you stopped by,
and hope you will come back and visit!


And as life goes...
I am still recuperating after neck surgery. The pain and nausea are less, thus requiring less pain medication. I am happy to say I am feeling better and able to move around quite a bit.  Thank you to each and everyone of you that prayed for me. I am still wanting prayer as this is a long road, thank you so much!

Linking up with...
Brenda over a Cozy Little House
Linda over at Show and Share via A Coastal Charm
Kathy over at Kathywithane You're goona love it Tuesday
Marty over at A Stroll Through Life Inspire Me Tuesday







5 comments:

  1. I love your blue frame - it would go perfectly in my living room! I saw your comment that you're recovering from neck surgery. Wow, I can't imagine. I hope you are doing well. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's looking good so far, Dazee. I think it will be fun to watch you as the makeover continues. You got a good start on things! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. you guys sure have done a lot in the house, everything looks beautiful!! i hope you are feeling better, pain medication is wonderful but it will also effect how you feel in a negative way!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a transformation!!! I actually like BOTH versions!!
    Hope you are feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I like the new color, it's so cheery and inviting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a peek and stopping by to visit!